Why Do You Need Server Support?
Our proactive server support maximises uptime on the server infrastructurethat your business depends on. Because this is a fully managed service, based on a per-server charge, we ensure that your most vital IT equipment remains in tip-top shape, with no extra charges.
Why Choose LanDynamix
- Increased Productivity: Continuous insight into your server infrastructure lets us reduce the business impact of IT failure and dramatically increase mean time to resolution getting your employees back to work.
- Reduced Business Impact from IT Failures: Combining preventative maintenanceand remote monitoring means we minimise failures that could impact your business. Your server behaves in a stable and reliable manner.
- Eliminating Emergency Downtime: Through regular overview with a combination of monitoring and management, we work hard to reduce or eliminate, where possible, emergency outages.
- Scheduled Preventative Maintenance ensures that your servers function optimally. This improves reliability and security.
Frequently Asked Questions About Server Support
Proactive server support combines a suite of services into a single package that bolsters a client’s IT needs. Typically, a proactive program includes remote monitoring, preventative maintenance, and other services that reduce the negative business impact of technology failures. By minimising both the occurrences and duration of failures, our customers will benefit from a reliable and stable network.Reactive support results in unpredictable outages, IT expenses and increased management effort.
IT providers who support IT systems on an adhoc basis are not incentivised to resolve issues as quickly as possible and they bill for every hour they are onsite resolving issues. In essence the customer ends up paying for downtime.
Let’s examine a real-life scenario of a File server failure at a 20-user law firm
- For eight hours employees do not have access to their client records, forms, document assembly and case management resources
- The firm’s partners and associates have a typical average utilisation rate of 70% (billable time)
- During the course of this failure, they can only work at 30% of the normal level of productivity
- Service provider begins remediation two hours after failure
Legal partners (4) bill themselves out at R3650/hr.
- Utilisation rate = 70% so effective billing rate is R2555/hr
Associates (10) bill themselves out at R2050/hr
- Effective billing rate = R1435/hr
Downtime Incident Cost Calculations:
- 6 hrs of technician time to fix the server: R6000 (4%)
- 4 partners lost billing at 30% utilisation: R57 232 (40%)
- 10 associates lost billing at 30% utilisation: R80 360 (56%)
- TOTAL COST OF DOWNTIME INCIDENT: R143 592 (100%)